If your child is on the Medicaid Waiver, it is important that you know it is being redesigned and you have the opportunity to give your input! In April 2019, Division of Disability and Rehabilitative Services kicked off the Bureau of Developmental Disabilities and Rehabilitative Services’ waiver redesign project in coordination and collaboration with stakeholders, and their contracted partner Human Services Research Institute. The waiver redesign project will take several years to complete. The goals are to modernize and improve the services and supports array for Home and Community-Based Services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
On January 7, 2020 the initial Medicaid Waiver Redesign Concept Paper was published. It is available at this link: https://www.in.gov/fssa/files/IndianaConceptPaper_FINAL.pdf.
The Concept Paper will be available for you to give your feedback through April 17, 2020. There are a variety of ways in which you can share your feedback. They are as follows:
- You can send an email to: BDDSInfo@fssa.in.gov;
- You can complete a survey by clicking this link: https://iu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6qXBDMKLzCxZDY9.
- You can view a webinar on Friday, January 17, 2020 from 10am to 11am EST at: https://indiana.adobeconnect.com/indiana.
- You can attend an upcoming Building Bridges Meeting from 6pm to 8pm. They will be held at the following locations over the next few months:
- January 22, 2020: Crawfordsville Public Library, 205 S Washington Street, Crawfordsville, IN
- January 28, 2020: Johnson County Library White River Branch, 1664 Library Blvd, Greenwood, IN
- February 6, 2020: Clarksville Public Library, 1312 Eastern Blvd, Clarksville, IN
- February 12, 2020: Evansville Public Library, 200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Evansville, IN
- February 19, 2020: Bloomington, IN Location TBD
- March 12, 2020: Plymouth Public Library, 201 N Center Street, Plymouth, IN
- March 23, 2020: Fort Wayne Public Library, 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, IN