Down Syndrome Indiana opened their doors over 25 years ago with one simple mission, to enhance the lives of individuals with Down Syndrome. Down Syndrome Indiana was parent-founded, with the simple vision of making Indiana a more inclusive place for individuals with Down syndrome to work, live, and thrive. We carry out this mission vision through:
- Bringing accessible and accurate resources and information on Down syndrome to caregivers, professionals, and the community.
- Providing new and current parent support and connections. This includes but is not limited to free New Parent Packages, Resources for New Parents, Resources for Current Parents, Free Webinars, First Call Program, and so much more!
- Hosting programs for both children and adults with Down syndrome such as The Learning Program, The Circles Curriculum, 321go!, and Live Laugh Dance.
- Providing continuing education opportunities centered on what individuals with Down syndrome and caregivers want and need. DSI also offers free educational presentations to students, health professionals, educators, and community professionals.
- Bring the community together with free community group activities and awareness events. To get involved in one of DSI’s Community Groups, visit https://dsindiana.org/communitygroups/
Down Syndrome Indiana was formed to serve individuals with Down syndrome and their families, professionals who serve individuals with Down syndrome, and community members. Down Syndrome Indiana is not a member organization, and although we officially serve 44 counties in central Indiana, we welcome all to participate in our programming and events!
Carrying Out Our Mission
Down Syndrome Indiana is grant and privately funded. We are proud to operate independently, and we collaborate with all Down Syndrome Associations in Indiana as well as the organizations who serve individuals with Down syndrome such as Gigi’s Playhouse, The Arc of Indiana, and more.
To best serve our community and carry out our mission, we are proud members and collaborators with: