World Down Syndrome Day Celebration 2020
How are you celebrating World Down Syndrome Day?!?
To keep our families and volunteers safe, Down Syndrome Indiana will cancel our in-person World Down Syndrome Day Celebration on Saturday, March 21st.
We hope that this World Down Syndrome Day you and your family are staying safe and healthy. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t celebrate WDSD! Join us in celebrating in one of these alternate ways:
1. Tune in to Down Syndrome Indiana’s Day of Giving on Facebook to learn more about DSI and our families! Then share to spread awareness – https://www.facebook.com/DownSyndromeIndiana/
2. Visit the Indianapolis Power & Light Building on Monument Circle after dark to see the lights go BLUE & YELLOW for WDSD – https://www.iplpower.com/About_IPL/Community/Window_Lights/
3. Rock Your Socks for WDSD and share on social media – Rock Your Socks
4. Have a Flash Mob in your living room or yard and share with the hashtag #DSIWDSD2020. Learn the dance at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIsAEB2Wvuw&feature=youtu.be
5. Do Random Acts of Kindness to show the world how amazing people with Down Syndrome are! Be sure to include these Random Acts of Kindness Cards (RAK Cards 2020) with your deed!
6. “Round Up for Down Syndrome” at Penn Station East Coast Subs! We are excited to announce that we are partnering with Penn Station East Coast Subs for a “Round Up for Down Syndrome” campaign. Anyone that eats at a Penn Station in Indiana will have the opportunity to “round up their bill to support us! (Note that all Penn Station location across the country are participating and supporting their local Down syndrome organization.) This campaign will run from March 1-21. You can tag Penn Station and Down Syndrome Indiana in your post by including @pennstation and @dsindiana @DownSyndromeIndiana
Stay tuned this week for some really exciting announcements!