Where and When: July 8th through July 12th @ Woodrow Wilson School in Terre Haute, IN hosted by Down Syndrome Indiana.
Bike Program: iCan Shine is a nonprofit organization that teaches individuals with disabilities to ride a conventional two-wheel bicycle through its’ iCan Bike program.
- At least 15 years old (unless accompanied by an adult)
- Able to attend 90 minutes at the same time each of the 5 days of camp (15 minutes of pre-session meeting/training)
- Able to provide physical, emotional and motivational support to assigned rider
- Able and willing to get some exercise (light jogging/running) for a great cause!
For more info and to sign up to volunteer, please go to: https://icanshine.org/ican-bike-terre-haute-in/.
There are still 4 rider spots available if you are interested…
Rider Requirements (limited spots available):
Must be at least 8 years old by start of camp and have a disability
- Must be able to walk without an assistive device and sidestep to both sides
- Must be able to attend the same 75-minute session each day of the 5-day camp
- Must be under 220 lbs. and have a minimum inseam measurement of 20” (measure from floor with sneakers on)
- There is a $75 fee for this camp.